While you upgrade your A/W wardrobe with the colours of the seaon, we’re sure you’ll want to know how to style them just like your fav celebs. Sohini Dey tells you all about the mustard trend and how to carry it off with style.
Mustard looks tricky, but it’s easier than you might think. It’s a strong, individualistic colour and needs its spotlight. Wear it on its own or coordinate with complimentary fall hues, but the key to nailing the look? Confidence.
1. Mustard and black makes for an infallible combination. Pair a mustard jumper or sweater with black jeans, or a textured skirt to make a statement. Or take inspiration from Miroslava Duma and get your hands on a tailored two-toned pantsuit.
2. Mustard is a real winner when paired with neutrals. Layer a mustard jacket over a white dress or separates. For a more laidback look, pair an ensemble in black and/or white with mustard accessories.
3. Contrary to popular opinion, mustard works marvellously with a bunch of shades (besides neutrals). Think cinnamon red, moss green, denim blue and indigo. Tip: pair mustard with one bright shade and white for a balanced look.
4. Pairing mustard with the right prints work like a charm. Look for monochromatic prints or patterns with a hint of yellow.
5. A mustard hued sweater dress is like sunshine on a grey winter day. Not to mention, a definite head-turner. If you prefer separates, choose varying shades of mustard to break the monotony.
Image Courtesy: wgsn.com