Smart devices are slowly taking over technology as we know it. About a decade ago smartphones changed everything about the way we used phones. Could it then be possible that smart TVs too will take over our regular TV boxes?
Maybe someday but one thing’s for sure, smart TV is the cool kid on the block right now.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Make Your Dumb TV Smart on the Cheap
Also, known as ‘connected TV’, it has come to denote a television that can provide several ‘internet connected services’ in addition to their traditional functions. The idea is to revolutionize the TV into a highly interactive and fun experience.
All you need is a Wi-Fi or a hard -wired Ethernet Internet connection to get your new Smart TV started and off you go exploring all the benefits of using this new technology.
Here’s what all you can do with it.
- It gives you an integrated experience where you can browse the web, play online games, stream videos, chat with friends and watch television through one device.
- It has several built-in apps such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, Netflix and more which you can check out on your 50inch smart TV instead of accessing it on your 5inch smartphone.
- Smart TVs come with a technology that lets you create your own television programming schedule so that you can watch what you want, when you want, with who you want. Also, you won’t need a separate cable box and the troublesome million other wires that are needed to keep you connected.
- It is created to be highly interactive where the TV itself offers recommendations to viewers about what shows and movies to watch based on popularity and user interests.
- Some also provide specialty channels offering sports, music and many other things you’d like to stream.
Smart TVs have been around in the market for a few years now and as they keep updating their features, more consumers have begun to opt for it even though it’s an expensive investment. While critics still think it’s a stupid concept since it offers you nothing more than what a regular TV, smartphone and computer can offer you combined. Even so the idea of having all your needs synced together in one device seems like a step in the future and there’s a great possibility that this might even replace the idiot box you use today.
Find more Smart Tvs here.
Cover Image Courtesy: Shutterstock.com
Shop the story
Sony Bravia 43 Inch KDL-43W950D FULL HD LED Smart TV
LG 43LH576T 109cm(43 inches) Full HD Smart TV
Samsung Series 4 32J4300 32 Inch HD Smart LED TV
Onida LEO40FAIN 102cm (40 Inch) Full HD Smart LED TV