Your RefrigeratorContrary to what you might think, a fridge plays quite an important role during winter. On nights that you can’t step out due to the freezing temperatures, you’ll thank yourself for stocking the right food. But before you can do that, you need to prepare your refrigerator.
- It’s time to clear out those popsicle makers, salad dressings etc. This is to make sure that there’s enough room for things you will need (we’ll get to that soon). At the same time, this also ensures there’s nothing in there that’ll stink up the entire fridge when you don’t open it for a while.
- Before you start putting things in, it’s a good idea to clean all the surfaces with detergent and warm water, and check for anything that might have spilt.
- You may not use the freezer much during the season, so it’s a good idea to convert it into a non-freezer compartment. If your fridge can’t do that, it’s time for a new one. The Whirlpool 360L double door is a great option.
Your pantry & cookingWith the drop in the mercury, your diet needs to change. For optimal winter food habits, you need to ensure a couple of things.
- It’s a good idea to stock up on frozen meals that you can quickly throw together on the stove for dinner. Staples like dried pasta, frozen meat etc should be available in plenty. A convection microwave like the IFB Rotisserie is a good way to defrost your frozen meals quickly.
- This is the season of baking, which means you need to be stocked up on things like baking powder, essences that you use and more. Take care of your baking needs with the Wonderchef OTG.
- Your kitchen garden should include winter herbs like sage, thyme, oregano, mints etc.
Your utensilsWhen your kitchen needs to be prepared for winter cooking, you’ll need to have access to specific utensils. Stock up on crockpots, casserole dishes and baking trays to get your winter recipes going. However, if the thought of washing all these dishes on a cold winter day already sends a chill down your spine, you should let a dishwasher like the IFB Neptune take care of your cleaning needs.
Your brewsThe winter brew of your choice is up to you. All we know is that there’s going to be a lot of brewing and you could use some help. Depending on your pick, there’s a couple of ways to go.
- If you’re a tea person, then getting an electric kettle will make your life easier by miles. The Prestige PMB 1L can even boil milk.
- On the other hand, if coffee is what you want, a great coffee maker is a winter must-have. The Wonderchef Cuppacino gets you a personal cup of perfect coffee in no time.
Like this story? Also read: Essential winter appliances
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock