2 tablespoons olive oil
600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into pieces
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
31/4 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
30g butter, diced
75g baby spinach
- Heat half the oil in a 6L pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 3-4 minutes or until well browned. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in cooker over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in rice until opaque. Return chicken to cooker with stock and wine. Stir to combine. Secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure over high heat (keep an eye on cooker as 5 minute cooking time will start as soon as cooker reached high pressure). Reduce heat to low to stabilise pressure. Cook for 5 minutes. Quickly release pressure using the release pressure method. Remove lid. Stir in parmesan and butter and stand for 5 minutes, covered, for rice to absorb remaining liquid. Stir through spinach and season. Serve with extra cheese.
Image and recipe by Taste.com
1 medium onion
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 large carrots
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups brown or green lentils
2 roasted tomatoes
1 quart vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tbls paprika
1 tbls oregano
3 cups chopped spinach
- Dice the onion. Dice the fennel. Peel and dice the carrots. Grate the garlic and set aside to stir in once the soup is cooked.
- Add oil into the cooker. When it is heated, add the onion and fennel and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until translucent. Add the carrots, lentils, tomatoes, broth, water, salt, paprika, and oregano. Lock the lid of pressure cooker.
- Cook on medium flame for 3-whistles
- Once done, stir in the spinach and grated garlic, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Taste and season with additional salt and fresh ground pepper as necessary. Serve immediately.
Image and recipe by A Couple Cooks
Honey garlic chicken
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
Fresh basil, shredded, for topping
- Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, honey and garlic in your pressure cooker. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Lock the lid in place and select high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, keeping the liquid in the pot. Select simmer/saute and bring the liquid to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and the water. Whisk the slurry into the liquid and continue to cook until the liquid thickens. Once it has reached your desired thickness, add the chicken back to the pot and carefully stir to coat the chicken.
- Serve the chicken over rice with the sauce. Top with fresh basil.
Image and recipe by Taste And Tell
Kerala Vegetable stew
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup chopped carrots
1 1/2 cup bell peppers chopped
2 cups potatoes chopped
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 cup green beans chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp chili (adjust according to your liking)
1 tsp garlic paste
2 cardamom pods
1 inch cinnamon stick
20 pieces whole cashew nuts
1 cup coconut milk
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp oil
2 cups water
- Heat oil in cooker, add cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Now add ginger, garlic, chili and onions. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, salt, pepper powder and water. Mix well. Cover your cooker and let it cook on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, take whole cashew and coconut milk in a blender jar and blend them well in to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- After 4 whistles, off the stove. Let it cool till the pressure is let out. Then open the lid and add prepared cashew-coconut paste. Stir well.
- Cook it for 1 to 2 more minutes, until everything well combined.
- Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew is ready. Pour it over cooked rice and enjoy
Image and recipe by Cooking Carnival
Mac and Cheese
450 gms uncooked macaroni
4 cups chicken broth
2 tbls butter
1 tps hot pepper sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 cups shredded cheese
1/2 - 1 cup milk
- Add the uncooked macaroni, chicken broth, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and set to sealing. Cook on manual function, high pressure for 5 minutes. Then, do a quick release.
- Add the milk, then the cheese to the pot in 3-4 handfuls, stirring in between each addition until smooth and creamy. Season as necessary to taste.