Embrace the long days of summer before they're gone with these lip-smacking recipes that will make you want to plan an exciting brunch. To get you started, Chefs Xavier Fernandes and Kiran Parmar along with mixologist Naveen Kotyankar, from the newly-launched modern day restaurant and bar Um Doiss Tres in Mumbai, have specially curated three refreshing recipes keeping in the mind the warm weather. These recipes are super easy and your guests will love them too.
Roast Garlic Chicken Espetada
View this post on Instagram
Hung curd 50 gms, Confit garlic puree 30 gms, Olive oil 10 ml, Salt 2 gms, Black pepper 2 gms, Lemon juice 10ml, Cumin powder 2 tsp, Coriander powder 1/2 tsp, Chicken Leg Boneless 200 gms, Green Capsicum 50 gms, Onion 50 gms
- Cut chicken into big cubes
- Marinate with hung curd, lime juice, coriander powder, cumin powder, slow roasted garlic puree, salt and pepper and olive oil for a few hours before cooking
- Skewer chicken with diced capsicum and onions and cook on the barbeque grill or oven at 180/200 degrees for 8 minutes
- Serve hot with bread, lime wedges and salad
Ghee Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Ghee 20 gms, Salt 3 gms, Crushed pepper 2 gms, Cauliflower 100 gms, Thyme 2 gms, Rocket lettuce 100 gms, Pomegranate 20 gms, Fresh Coriander 5 gms, Feta Cheese 20gms, Olive oil 20 ml, Lemon juice 10 ml, Dijon 5 gms, Parsley 2 gms, Castor sugar 1gm
- Cut cauliflower florets and soak them in salt water for a few minutes to remove any impurities
- Make dressing by adding Dijon mustard, lemon juice, castor sugar, salt and olive oil. Add chopped parsley and set aside
- In a pan, slow roast cauliflower florets in ghee till tender and charred on one side, keep aside to cool for further use
- For final preparation, in a bowl, add chilled and crisp rocket lettuce, torn coriander leaves , and mustard dressing , crushed black pepper, ghee roasted cauliflower florets. Mix well and put in a serving bowl
- Sprinkle with fresh pomegranates kernels, crumbled feta and some fresh coriander seeds
- Served chilled
Black Currant and Grape Mojito
View this post on Instagram
Fresh black grapes; 12-15, 2 limes cut into wedges, Fresh mint leaves, White rum 60 ml, Black Currant liqueur 15 ml
- Muddle fresh mint, lime wedges and black grapes using a muddler.
- Add a cup of crushed ice.
- Add white rum and black currant liqueur.
- Mix well using a bar spoon.
- Pour into a rock glass.
- Garnish with grapes and mint.
Shop the story
Prestige PHB 5.0 800 ml Hand Blender (Black)
Borosil Chef Delite BCH20DBB21 600ml 300W Chopper (Black)
LG MJ3965BQS 39L Convection Microwave Oven (Black)
Panasonic SR-WA22H (SS) 2.2 L Automatic Cooker (Burgundy)
Whirlpool FP 263D Protton Roy 240L Frost Free Triple Door Refrigerator (Mirror White )
Philips HL7756/00 750W 3 Jars Mixer Grinder (Black)
Croma CRAO0045 2L 1000W Air Fryer (Black)
Prestige PPBB-02 Coal Barbeque Grill (Black)