Running the Mumbai marathon next month? A good pair of running shoes will hold you in good stead. The right running shoes will give you just the right support without impacting your joints along the way.
While looking out for the right pair, choose something that is specifically designed for running and that is made fom premium material along with a good quality sole. In fact, when picking running shoes, keep the following in mind:
- Consider the terrain you will be running on. Since the Mumbai marathon is run on the city's roads, opt for shoes with extra cushioning.
- Consider your running gait. Are you neutral-footed? Or does your foot roll inward (it's called pronating)? You'll need shoes that support your gait.
- Consider the distance you are running. Those running the 42 and 21 Km races will need shoes with better cushioning than those running 10 Km or the Dream Run.
- Consider taking a test run. Try the shoes you are about to purchase on a flat, non-carpeted surface to get a feel for how good they are.
- Consider buying shoes that fit well, but aren't too sung. Your foot tends to swell as the day - or run - goes on, and shoes that chaff even a little at the time of purchase, will hurt a lot more when you run in them.
Now that you know what to look for in your running shoes, here is a list of shoes from Nike that is perfect for your next marathon. Invest in one (or more) of these and your feet with definitely thank you.
Nike Sock Dart Blue & White Running Shoes
Featuring a high-quality rubber sole, this pair will provide good support.
Like this article? Also read: Brand (K)now: Superdry
Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra Running Shoes
Designed for absolute comfort and great performance, this pair is a worthy buy. Featuring a high quality mesh upper and a rubber sole, it provides good traction and stability.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Running Shoes
Featuring a breathable mesh upper, this pair will keep your feet comfortable along with giving you the perfect support for your long run.
Nike Air Max Full Ride TR1.5 Shoes
For maximum comfort, this pair is what you need to invest in. It also features an abrasion resistant rubber sole for better traction and grip.
Nike Lunar tempo 2 Black Running Shoes
Designed to ensure both comfort and stability, this pair is light in weight and highly durable due to its high quality engineered mesh upper.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 Coastal Shoes
Comfortable yet so stylish, this pair from Nike features a breathable mesh upper and a premium rubber sole for better grip and traction for your run. You're definitely love this one.
Like this article? Also read: Qurator: Wellness Expert Namita Jain on Guilt-Free Party Food Recipes
Nike Flex Fury 2 Grey Running Shoes
This pair is sure to keep your feet relaxed even after a long run. Featuring a mesh upper and a sturdy sole, it provies good support as well as responsive cushioning.
Nike Air Max 90 Ultra BR Running Shoes
featuring a sturdy design, this stylish pair from Nike is ure to be your all time favourite. Perfect for a long run, it will keep your feet comfortable along with providing good support.
Nike Zoom Winflo 3 Running Shoes
Durable and light in weight, this pair features a stylish design along with a mesh upper for comfort. The rubber sole ensures good traction and stability.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 32 Running Shoes
This pair from Nike features a sole that is slip resistant and provides resonsive cushioning to avoid impacts on your joints.
Nike Free TR6PRT Running Shoes
Along with being comfortable, this pair is extremely stylish too. It provides the necessary support and cushioning along with good grip and traction.
Nike Lunar Apparent Red Running Shoes
Featuring a sturdy design, this pair will keep your feet comfortable for long hours. Featuring a slip-resistant sole for added traction, it's sure to give you the right support.
Like this article? Also read: Ask Me How: To Buy A Secret Santa Gift
Image courtesy: Shutterstock.com