When you have a perfectly functional oven, why would you experiment baking in an air fryer is probably the first thought that would come to you, right? But why not! In a busy home where Christmas prep is in full swing, your cake isn’t the only one waiting for its turn in the oven. There are the cookies, pies, date and fig rolls, tarts, macaroons and so many more.
Also Read: How to Make A Healthy Christmas Cake
Give your oven a break and put the air fryer to better use. French fries, pakoras and quick munchies aren’t the only things that you can make in it. How about you bake that rich, fruity Xmas cake in the air fryer this year?
Here are all the essentials you’ll need to make it.
All-purpose flour – 100 grams
Sugar, powdered – 100 grams
Butter – 100 grams
Eggs – 2 eggs or 100 grams
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Tutti Frutti / Dry fruits – 100 grams
Caraway seeds – ¼ tsp
Ginger powder – pinch
Cinnamon powder – pinch
Baking powder – pinch
You will also need
Cake tin, sized appropriately to fit in the air fryer tray
- Before you begin with the baking, preheat the air fryer at 180-degree C for 3 mins. Then, lightly grease the cake tin and line it with a double layer of baking parchment.
- Add butter in a mixing bowl and cream the butter with a hand blender. Once it is soft, add the powdered sugar little by little and keep blending till it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture and a little vanilla essence and whisk together.
- Take another bowl, add flour, tutti frutti, caraway seeds, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder and mix till its blended well.
- Take both the flour and the butter mixture and slowly fold together.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Place this cake tin in the air fryer and let it bake for about 15 minutes at 180-degree C.
- After 15 mins, pull out the tray, insert a skewer to check if the cake’s ready. If it comes out clean, it’s done and you can take it out and cool.
- Carefully remove the lining sheet and sprinkle some powdered sugar over it. Your cake is now ready to be feasted upon.
This recipe is brought to you by VahChef Sanjay Thumma. Watch him bake this cake in a matter of minutes.
You can try this fruitcake recipe or go ahead and use the Xmas cake recipe that has been handed down by your grandma. Plum cakes, chocolate cake or tea cakes, you can make them all in an air fryer.
Cover Image Courtesy: Shutterstock.com