You’ve Googled the company, anticipated questions and prepared answers on everything from why you deserve to work for that firm to what your biggest achievement is. And then the interviewer throws you a curve ball. He says: “A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?”
Your first reaction is probably WTF. And your second? It should be to let your imagination run wild, while giving your prospective employer an understanding of how you couple in stressful situations.
So to prepare for your next job interview, here’s a look at some unusual, fun(ny) questions you may be asked.
Like this article? Also see: These are the only shoes you will ever need in your closet
Like this article? Also see: Water Purifier Buying Guide
Like this article? Also see: 4 Things We Can Learn from Our Fathers
1. What’s your favorite website?
2. If you were an animated character, who would you be and why?
3. What are the titles of the last three books you have read? Tell me how you related to one of the characters.
4. Which of the two animals would you say you are most like — a sheep or a wolf — and why?
5. Tell me something you have never told anyone else.
6. Would you rather be liked or respected?
7. What was the last gift you gave someone?
8. Pretend you’re our CEO. What three concerns about the firm’s future keep you up at night?
9. Tell me something about your last job, other than money, that would have inspired you to keep working there.
10. Any advice for your previous boss?
11. If you don’t get this job, what’s your backup plan?
12. Which punctuation mark describes you best?
13. How would you convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do?
14. Describe the color yellow to somebody who is blind.
15. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
16. If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?
17. How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
18. How would you test an elevator?
19. Have you ever stolen a pen from work?
20. If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
Cover Image Courtesy: Shutterstock.com, Rocket Singh
Questions Sourced From: Quora, Glassdoor.com